Saturday, July 12, 2008

Forget the iPhone, I Got a Blackjack!


$199 for an iPhone? Not for me, apparently. Despite the fact that I have been an AT&T customer for nearly a decade, and pay a couple thousand dollars a year to them for four lines, no, I am not eligible for the $199 price. But sure, I can have one of those babies for $399! This is not, of course, what the AT&T store told me earlier this week. They said I would be eligible for the $199 on one of my other lines and I could just switch it over to my line. I guess Apple and AT&T changed their mind on that one.

After three visits to AT&T stores, I was fed up. All I really wanted was a phone that would get me on the internet and has GPS. Well I got one, and it was a lot cheaper than the iPhone. And the GPS is better, too - it has turn-by-turn directions, which the iPhone does not.

So there, Steve Jobs - you can have your pretty iPhone. Oh yeah, I heard about all those people who stood in line for hours but then had a little trouble getting theirs to work. Well my Blackjack II is working just fine, thanks.

3 comments:

Alyssa @ KeepingTheKingdomFirst said...

Oh, it is pretty too! Who need iphone, anyway. I love it, great decision!

Diana said...

I NEED an iPhone. Greatest phone on earth!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to boycott Apple's attempt to monopolize every technological industry. iPhone shmiphone.